Tuesday, November 29, 2016



 Thanksgiving 2016


I woke up in the morning feeling refreshed and excited. Today was Thanksgiving and today I didn’t have to do ANYTHING at all. This was because on Thanksgiving my parents practically BEGGED me and my sisters to watch TV for the ENTIRE day until the guests came. When I came to the kitchen I noticed my mother wasn’t there. This didn’t worry me because one of my parents were not usually at breakfast. They could be at the gym, the bathroom, or in bed( It is very hard to get eight hours of sleep with a five year old in the house). I inhaled my breakfast. Then my father announced in a solemn voice that my mother had taken my grandfather to the hospital. He told us that our grandmother had not been informed of this an that he would tell her. Still, we went on with our day. We watched TV until our eyeballs fell out of our skulls.



By the time the sun was at the top of the sky, the doorbell rang and my Tia Clelia came in. She helped us set up until the guests came. Most of my cousins came with their friends, and all my grandparents were there except for my mothers mom and dad because her dad was in the hospital. She wasn’t in the house either. We still had a fun time. After everyone came we gorged ourselves on turkey and  roast and yams covered in marshmallows. Halfway through dinner my father announced  my grandfather was getting his gallbladder removed. “He got his BUTTER removed?” asked my sister Ella. “No, he got his gallbladder removed” I said. “What is a gallbladder?”, asked Ella. I shrugged. Eventually everyone left. Soon my mother brought my grandmother back home. She said my grandfather was fine and would spend the night at the Brigham and Woman’s hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment